• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

THIS IS TO THE ARRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

dxhound

Nov 17, 2006
Why are there entities that are STILL entities when no one is allowed to TX from there? North Korea for one, the other is some island where there is an endangered bird(cant remember the name) This is keeping ALOT of hams from getting worked all entities. There is no foreseeable future to have operators TX from these places, so why not have them removed from the list? Alot of people pay there dues to the ARRL and invest alot of time only to be shut down with UN-ACHIEVEABLE awards. What say you about this??

What's "unachievable"? I have a QSL from Tibet and one from Sikkim. Neither one is currently shown on the DXCC Countries List, but they once were. Albania didn't allow ham operation for a long time, nor did mainland China. So North Korea doesn't allow hamming. Big deal. Do you have all the other entities confirmed? Or even worked?

If not, don't lose sleep over P5.

What's "unachievable"? I have a QSL from Tibet and one from Sikkim. Neither one is currently shown on the DXCC Countries List, but they once were. Albania didn't allow ham operation for a long time, nor did mainland China. So North Korea doesn't allow hamming. Big deal. Do you have all the other entities confirmed? Or even worked?

If not, don't lose sleep over P5.

In order to get the dxcc "worked ALL entities" You HAVE to have those entities. Well if they dont allow TX from those entities, then you can never achieve that award. An award that is considered one of ARRL's TOP awards. So my question is this, WHY keep them entities if there is no foreseeable future (and hasnt been in the last DECADE OR MORE) for transmissions from these places??? Your talking about places that allow TXing from for special events or dxpeditions, this is diff all together!

In order to get the dxcc "worked ALL entities" You HAVE to have those entities. Well if they dont allow TX from those entities, then you can never achieve that award. An award that is considered one of ARRL's TOP awards. So my question is this, WHY keep them entities if there is no foreseeable future (and hasnt been in the last DECADE OR MORE) for transmissions from these places??? Your talking about places that allow TXing from for special events or dxpeditions, this is diff all together!

What is "worked ALL entities"? I did a quick skim over the DXCC rules at arrl.org and didn't see any reference to that. Entities come and go; there are over fifty (like Tibet and Sikkim that I mentioned earlier) that have been deleted because they no longer meet the accreditation criteria. There is the DXCC Honor Roll to shoot for, and multiband/multimode endorsements.

Don't lose any sleep over P5.

Pat
DXCC #7755

The whole in your wall that you are waiting to patch over with that WAE award....I'd go ahead and patch it up with something else. Life's too short to worry about that crap and when you die you QSL and award collection is going in the trash.

You realize that the ARRL postings here are an RSS feed from their news releases, right?

Well S#IT!!!!!!!!!! Now ya tell me. Oh well, hopefully the letter I sent will get results. And believe me, Im not the only ham upset about this.

I'm with Beetle on this one. There is no WAE, or Worked All Entities award and never has been. Unless you have a super DX station you don't have to worry about it anyway. DX entities come and go all the time.

Yeah, I thought about the WAE being the Worked All Europe award so that is why I said Worked All Entities. If one did attempt to work all entities does that mean one could have a QSO with the after life? I mean spirits are enitiies are they not? ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.