• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

This is why I laugh at people using super expensive mics on CB and Ham

Then there is the reciprocal too.

Many CB radios "sound like junk" due to the wider receiver performance.

Just incapable for processing all the information - can't reproduce it faithfully.

Hey, it's the noise factor - adding into all of this.

So this is a great thread for looking at it both ways.

:+> Andy <+:

I just got my AM station up and running. I have a Sonar FS-2340 with a D104 and I am amazed how it sounds compared to my stock Cobra 29. I had no idea how much of a difference there is until I started comparing them. I wouldn't mind trying a Shure mic and a little EQ and maybe a small amount of compression. Like 543 said to sound the same in person as on the air. I am still learning and figuring things out as I go. That is the fun part for me is learning what is needed and what is available. I am always thinking about what is next on my list. Thanks to everyone here for sharing their knowledge.
Chris
Leave that radio alone! Just use externial processing and a low to high audio xfmr. My old boat's are like a '57 chevy..with better brakes and a stereo.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?