• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Those poor Gas Companies-

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
ConocoPhillips profit beats forecasts

By Deepa Babington Wed Oct 26,11:48 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP - news), the No. 3 U.S. oil company, on Wednesday reported quarterly profit surged 89 percent, surpassing Wall Street forecasts, driven by record oil prices and sharply higher refining margins.
ADVERTISEMENT

ConocoPhillips, like other major oil companies, has reaped a windfall from soaring crude oil prices -- which touched a record $70 a barrel in the quarter -- and better refining margins, as powerful hurricanes blew through the Gulf of Mexico, severely disrupting energy operations.

The Houston company's net profit in the third quarter rose to $3.8 billion, or $2.68 a share, compared with $2.01 billion, or $1.43 a share, a year earlier.

Oct 27, 6:13 PM (ET)

By STEVE QUINN

(AP) Exxon and Mobil gas stations are seen along Route 302 in Montpelier, Vt., Thursday, Oct. 27, 2005....
Full Image

Google sponsored links
Get Free Exxon Gas - We'll Ship You A $1,000 Gas Card Free. Simply Fill Out Our Survey!
FreeGas.OnlineRewardCenter.c

Gas Station Franchises - Find Out Which Gas Station Franchise is Highly Profitable
franchiseMBA.com

DALLAS (AP) - Exxon Mobil Corp. (XOM) rewrote the corporate record books Thursday as the oil company's third-quarter earnings soared to almost $10 billion and it became the first public company ever with quarterly sales topping $100 billion. Anglo-Dutch competitor Royal Dutch Shell PLC (RDSA) wasn't far behind, posting a profit of $9 billion for the quarter.

sleepwalker said:
I helped them too...$3200 a week(5 days) in diesel

GAAAK! Dont even get me started! I dont drive a line truck like you but this 2.99+ a gallon for Diesel is just getting nuts!

Someone please start growing the hell out of soybeans so we can make bigtime biodiesel! There was a segment on "Dirty Jobs" last night where they showed off the guys "production lab" in his garage. after the initial outlay, his net cost per gallon of B-100 biodiesel is.....you ready....... 55 cents a gallon! He gets all his grease/oil from all the fry houses and mexican restaurants in town for FREE!

I need to start getting into that!

One thing to remember here about ConocoPhillips is; they want to take away our 2nd admendments rights "to keep and bear arms".

I just read about them in a NRA magazine and their using your money to fight against you, when you buy their gas!

--------------
DXman

bunnieman said:
sleepwalker said:
I helped them too...$3200 a week(5 days) in diesel

GAAAK! Dont even get me started! I dont drive a line truck like you but this 2.99+ a gallon for Diesel is just getting nuts!

Someone please start growing the hell out of soybeans so we can make bigtime biodiesel! There was a segment on "Dirty Jobs" last night where they showed off the guys "production lab" in his garage. after the initial outlay, his net cost per gallon of B-100 biodiesel is.....you ready....... 55 cents a gallon! He gets all his grease/oil from all the fry houses and mexican restaurants in town for FREE!

I need to start getting into that!
I seen that episode thats something! There is an easyier way to do that though becouse you can run diesel engines on pure cooking oil. You still have to filter it but hey that beats the hell out of paying the gass prices! Anyhow they sell conversion kits for the pur cooking oil method. If your are good with tools you could build your own for cheaper but the kit is only about a grand and you need and extra tank for the oil. You could get a tank at a semi grave yard for cheap and hook it all up and be running on free fuel 8)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.