• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

thoughts on the rci 6900-f25 & 6900-f150

radioreddz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 20, 2005
so. maryland
i see a lot of people use the rci 2950's & 2970's never do i see a post on the 6900-f25 or 6900-f150. i have been looking into one of these two. does anybody have any experiance with these radios. the 6900 f-150 looks like it should be a monster on ssb. looking for a radio that i can run my 3x8 class c amp, but still be able to have an enternal that will have at least 100 watts to talk dx with on ssb. also i will be useing a switch to turn the enternal amp off when talkin am. so i can use my external amp. has anybody done this and i am very much open to sugestions thanks :roll: :?:

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

Actually price wise the 6900 radios are more expensive than the 2950 or the 2970 ( 6900F25 is more than the 2950 and the 6900F150 is more than the 2970) That aside they are very similar to each other. For the user who like's echo, they might not like the fact that it's not adjustable on the outside other than the on/off control. It can be adjusted inside the radio though, just like the Galaxy DX95T. I can't comment on the ability to see the counter, it's very similar to most other radios with them.

Thanks

Well, I did waste my money on the 25 watters, had 3 of them - 2 new and 1 used.

Each one of them had problems. The 2950 & 2970 is a much better radio.

" looking for a radio that i can run my 3x8 class c amp "

You probably don't want to run any of the higher powered radio's with a 1x2x8 amplifier.

The F-25 is a very good radio,never tried the F-150,but just got rid of mine,coz of the arrival of my Justin tuned Galaxy DX 95T.
All I can do is recommend Justin to put you right.I cannot praise him enough.I'm well pleased. 8)
It would also be a good idea to have a look at the DX95T.It is by far the best radio i've owned :D
But I'm sure you will be very happy with either. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1