• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thoughts on this repurposed Browning?

Maybe a "OK" 23 channel AM radio...but the SSB part would be pretty useless...Guess you could always put a different radio in the box tho.
I think the guy did a pretty good job making it look like a period piece. Not for the purest for sure.
Why would the 23 channel be useless? I read somewhere where there are some clubs who use vintage 23 channel rigs. I'm kinda partial to the vintage stuff, but do like to have the 40 channels. I also saw a guy on eBay taking old non working chassis and putting more modern mobile radios inside. I thought that was really cool, to each his own...

I think the guy did a pretty good job making it look like a period piece. Not for the purest for sure.
Why would the 23 channel be useless? I read somewhere where there are some clubs who use vintage 23 channel rigs. I'm kinda partial to the vintage stuff, but do like to have the 40 channels. I also saw a guy on eBay taking old non working chassis and putting more modern mobile radios inside. I thought that was really cool, to each his own...
I said the SSB part would be pretty useless...I don't know of anyone using the lower 23 channels on SSB -anywhere...most use channels 35-40...AM part would be fine as long as you didn't want to go to channel 24!:D

Reactions: Red 5
jesse james dallas,, channel 16 lsb is the ssb channel for vintage ssb radio fans there is getting to be more there here lately week ends i make a few dx contacts and here in florida a few local radio collectors ragchew with their sets,,, and as for channel 24 check out this page,,,,

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj/22ablankspot.htm
Yes I know 16 lsb is where we use to go back in the day...Wasn't aware anyone still tried that channel tho. I know no one around here dose because 15 AM guys bleed all over 16! Plus I do hear DX occasionally on 16 AM...but never on LSB.

Reactions: Red 5
We always called 22A/24 Sesame St. I was part of the wiggle the selector just right to get there bunch.

funny. we used to hang on 13 back in the day and one of my friends started calling it sesame street, and it took off. I talked to a couple people on 13 when I started back up and they're still calling it that almost 30 years later. she'd be so proud.
I got to educate them on a little bit of their stand-by's history.
they told me not to come back...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated