• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thoughts on this repurposed Browning?

Red 5 said:
I think the guy did a pretty good job making it look like a period piece. Not for the purest for sure.
Why would the 23 channel be useless? I read somewhere where there are some clubs who use vintage 23 channel rigs. I'm kinda partial to the vintage stuff, but do like to have the 40 channels. I also saw a guy on eBay taking old non working chassis and putting more modern mobile radios inside. I thought that was really cool, to each his own...
I own a dak lX. It needs a new final. I'm seriously considering removing the guts and installing a Madison chassis . I also have an excellent condition 4 x 1446's base amp I don't use and even though the Madison chassis will take up more room than everything mh Scott put in the lX I think there will still be enough room to add the 4 x 1446's fan and all. The plus is the lX's cosmetically mint. There's no doubt the Madison out performs the lX on AM (imo). Ssb will be an added plus.

Reactions: unit_399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.