• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thunder8xb

skirtchaser

Sep 18, 2005
N.Western Arizona
I recieved a couple of emails asking about the 8xb antenna I use, I was turned on to this design by freecell and I have been using it for over 2 years in two seperate high wind areas, survival has been excelent.
pertinate info
Boom Ht-14"7"
weight-11lbs.
wind area-1sq.ft.
freq.rng.-26.5-28.5mhz.
gain-6.8dbi.
Fr to Sd 35db.
vswr-1.5-1 max.
power-3kw.
Th8.jpg

skirtchaser,

did you know that there are two additional modes that the 8XB can be operated in besides omni and the two bi-directional modes?

bottom of the page
http://www.firecommunications.com/se.shtml

we had a conversation with SE some time back about making these two additional modes of operation known to the customers who purchase the 8XB but i believe their pioneering spirit got up and left long before we called. they didn't have time for it.

i hope you're not tired of your 8XB yet because you haven't seen all that it can do. unfortunately 8XB's will have to be used at both ends of the test circuit since no other commercially built antenna on the market has these additional mode capabilities.

antenna

i hav eone of these a local ham guy gave it to me becuase he was throwin it out i replaced some parts on it and beefed it up and it works really good

Greetings Freecell,
You and I talked about those possibilities in the shop long ago, but I couldn't afford the two other rolls of LMR400 required to complete the hookup. I sure would like to try it out though, I am overall satisfide with it, I am using a NE/SW pattern at the moment but I am in the process of hooking up a rotor to alter the pattern on demand, should be interesting.....
PS: Have you got any "BIG WASHERS" yet? L.M.F.A.O.!!!! 73's my friend, good to see ya' here, reality check in the house no doubt, keep up the good work.
Punchin' out............

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.