• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Thunderbolt/Firewire and Flex 3000/5000

Answering my own question after digging into it more... there has to be a firewire card to connect to, so I am guessing a dock might work. Link to amazon is not working. :/

Last edited:
I run an i7 Apple Mini that boots into Windows 10. I used a standard Firewire 800 cable with no issues controlling a Flex 5000.

I would be interested the adapter you linked to. The way it reads is that it would allow connection of a Firewire device. So that sounds like it would work.

I run an i7 Apple Mini that boots into Windows 10. I used a standard Firewire 800 cable with no issues controlling a Flex 5000.

I would be interested the adapter you linked to. The way it reads is that it would allow connection of a Firewire device. So that sounds like it would work.
Thanks for the response! So, your mini has a firewire port, correct? I think the trick is to have a firewire card with a port. I can't add any ports to my laptop, so I would have to get a computer with firewire to make it work. The tech at Flexradio said the cable alone will not make it work. :/

Brett

Yes my Apple mini has a Firewire 800 port. I picked up a FW cable at Microcenter to connect my Flex 5000.

Regarding the adapter you linked to. It says "connects to the Thunderbolt port on your Mac computer, giving you a FireWire 800 port"
My read of that is if you have a Thunderbolt port on your laptop it will convert that to Firewire.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated