• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TIDRadio TD H6 VHF~UHF 10 Watt HT

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Was just monkeying around looking the other day and saw this. Doesn't hurt to have another HT around and the 10 Watt upgrade (1-5-10wattts) to the Baofeng platform seemed good along with the $41 Amazon price. Was 1 available at $36 said Damaged Box. I took that one. Unit arrived with no visible damage to box and was complete which includes 2 batteries and all the accessories you see in the pic. Very easy to get going as basic operation is almost same as the two Baofeng UV-5R's that I have. Is definitely doing above 5 watts as it is hitting and talking into a local repeater that the UV5R won't hit on High. The Receiver is also more sensitive and is breaking squelch / receiving the same repeater with short antenna that the UV5R will not hear under same conditions. Noticeably better reception in the FM Broadcast Band too - so definitely better receiver.
Was playing with the TX. Specs say 400-520mhz on the UHF side .... actually stops at 519.995 lol but who's counting. Was testing audio back and forth with the UV5R and was surprised to learn that it also is TX'ing to 519.995 whereas the manual states it stops at 480 .... and I simply never bothered to try it past there in the past.
So for the Chinese HT's .... I'm giving this guy 5 Stars for everything it does and what you get for $41 bucks Amazon and free ship.
71dT+k-rtIL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated