• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tiger 200 linear

Klint

Mar 13, 2019
Anyone know about the tiger 200 linears ? I have one and it seems to talk best on medium side. Low and high talks ok, but best on medium. Reckon why that is ? Thanks KW
PS... running a 5’ Wilson silver load antenna

I have the cobra 29 Ltd classic bought new in 2011. Really no mods other than vr4 maxed out and talk back with a resistor .Would love to get them talking together really well . Thanks KW

Anyone who sells CB linears has a dilemma to deal with.

The wattmeter reading is what sells the linear.

Trouble is, maxing the wattmeter reading typically destroys the audio quality.

Your amplifier is not the only one that sounds best when you turn it down below the max setting.

Then again if you used a radio that has only half the power of the one you're using now, the high side might sound better.

Anyone know about the tiger 200 linears ? I have one and it seems to talk best on medium side. Low and high talks ok, but best on medium. Reckon why that is ? Thanks KW
PS... running a 5’ Wilson silver load antenna

If your going to run an amplifier you need to pay close attention to your dead key and peak swing watts. Chances are you need to have the radio tuned to match up better to that amp. Your probably over driving it with too much input dead key.

Reactions: S&W357 and Klint

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.