• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Time to switch up the bench gear , trades , trades , trades !!

Best thread hijack ever !! Not kidding or being a smartass lol I just remembered where my old DX logs are because of this discussion !! I stopped logging a while ago but with DX rolling again I am going to start a fresh log ! I have a dry erase board I write contacts on and then rewrite them in my book , but I will probably type them into a WORD doc to preserve them ! I like talking on 21-27-29 AM and 25 upper and lower have been really lucky for me recently ! Im in the north east and I had 656 Jamaica the other day for a good 10 mins ! He is an American guy that bought a small cinder block building on the beach , it just so happens to be an old AM Radio station with a 200 foot tower behind it ! He runs a 4 pill and a Maco v5/8 5000 with a mostly stock 2950 and his setup is amazing ! I had a few short contacts in the UK the other night but lots of mud so it was rough and tough for this little mud duck with the Connex 3300hp audio monster on low driving 1.5 Bird swinging 11-12 Bird into the Kris 3+3 only doing 185 Bird Average blowing 325ish with the peak kit switched on ! Or in Dosy Watts 250 swinging around 450 . Im waiting on 2awg power wire to put the Texas Star 12 Gauge inline to throw the fire in my wires ;)

4-2-ZERO NJ
BRIAN

Wink , Ch 21 Am is my local Am home channel . Here it's referred to as " Big Radio Boulevard ! " That's for a reason .:whistle:;) Nj is hard for me but Iv'e chatted there before . Maybe we will connect ! 73 & God Bless Leo . 357Magnum on Am Dx .

Reactions: WINKDOGG and 2NC995
Wink , Ch 21 Am is my local Am home channel . Here it's referred to as " Big Radio Boulevard ! " That's for a reason .:whistle:;) Nj is hard for me but Iv'e chatted there before . Maybe we will connect ! 73 & God Bless Leo . 357Magnum on Am Dx .

Now that you mention it I have heard a 357 out there before but not sure about the magnum part but my ears are always open buddy !

73's Winkdogg

Hey Wink, any chance you can snap some photos of the new amp...and maybe of the inside too?

Not many of the floating around these days, I’m sure many would love to see it!

Absolutely going to post the amp and my new "power distribution" setup!
I was running it Friday night for a bit but it was kicking back a lot more reflect than Im used to and also its heating up pretty quick but I only have a desk fan on it right now so the fan kit will do the trick . Monday or Tuesday (hopefully) my buddy is going to tune the input side and when its cracked open I will make sure him or I gets some pics . Apparently a 1st generation version my friend "Rooster" (not rooster from here) said , something about the faceplate gave it away ?? I think because mine says "12Gauge" above the switches and 2nd generation its below the switches but don't quote me on that ! Im reducing the size of the bench to fit a chair on the back wall and rewiring everything , its really a mess of wires and cables and dust under there so it is a good thing I suppose . Will post in the amp section as soon as its up inline or when we snap pics of the inside ill post some teasers first lol

Apparently a 1st generation version my friend "Rooster" (not rooster from here) said , something about the faceplate gave it away ?? I think because mine says "12Gauge" above the switches and 2nd generation its below the switches but don't quote me on that !

I think you’re right on this, and the later ones didn’t say 12 gauge, but “hot plate”. At least that’s my understanding.

I think you’re right on this, and the later ones didn’t say 12 gauge, but “hot plate”. At least that’s my understanding.

I think so too , but here I sit Tuesday with the DX Rollin and still blowing smoke with the Kris Mach 3+3 because the 12G is still waiting in line at my buddies ;( I cant complain he is the only local I trust to touch it lol I also couldn't find another tech to tune it up quickly even if I shipped it out , so it will be worth the wait ! (Plus not to many other former D.O.D. communications engineers in my rolodex haha) Not to mention when he is done he will come to my house to check the tune inline and do any minor adjustments on the fly !

73's Guys and happy holidays and a wonderful Festivus from me and mine to you and yours !! I hope santa brings you all top of the line gear or whatever other toys (you bought yourselves lol )HoHoHo from your long distance radio friend 4-2-ZERO in The Garden State ! Walking the dog kicking the cat , putting the fire in the wire with my knees in the breeze !

Brian aka Winkdogg NJ

Reactions: 357magnum
Wink , lot's of 357's out there , that's why I use Magnum , & I'm sure there's a few of them . But if on 21 Am That's probably Me ! (y) I was chatting Dx on 21 last night @ 7 pm , Dx was slamming on my end !

Ill keep my ears wide open Magnum and just a reminder I have a local Four Twenty about 10 miles away but the 4-2-ZERO station usually comes out on top ;) lol But Im very specific about the ZERO when Im a hootin and a hollerin or in the truck Im the "Skipshooter Mobile " In the Garden State !

Happy Holidays buddy I got no radio at the girls condo (yet) but Ill be looking for the DX between Xmass and New Year if we have the conditions here in the North East ! Ill be listening and yelling for you :eek::ROFLMAO:

73's Brian

Reactions: 357magnum
I'll listen for you Brian ! (y) Friend lives in a condo about 25 miles away & has a Browning Eagle , backs his truck next to the building uses quick connects to hook up his Al Capone mobile antenna mounted on his truck & talks all over . I have NP's @ all hearing him . He can't mount a permanent antenna . Happy Holidays !:) 73 , Leo

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated