• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tin roof?

I can't sleep in a completely quiet room unless I've been drinking or I'm slap worn out. I have to have a loud fan on 99% of the time.

But anyways I'm hoping to have my connectors solder on this evening. Hopefully my SWR will be good and I won't have to tune too much.

I only have a TRC-465 for my base radio right now. It's not much of a radio but I've thought about sending it off to get tuned up. I've read that it's the same board a a PC122. Not looking for extra channels, just a good tune up.

I like that board myself. it is also in the trc-453 mobile and I run one in my pickup. it has great receive and is quiet on AM and SSB. it is not a power house as far as watts out but it has good swing when setup right. the receive on my mobile is better than my ranger 2950 I use as a base right now. I have it on my repair area and I can have someone talking and just flip the switch to compare the receive with the same antenna. it is a nice radio so do not think you can get some thing better. it may not put out 30 to 40 watts but no one on the other end will ever know the difference of the 10 watts the 465 will do verses the 30 others will do.

I think that having a tin roof is an asset. My present QTH has a tine roof. To easy to set up something temporary real fast. Mag-mount antenna and slap it at the peak. I have a w
Wilson 5000 and a 5/8 wave 2 metre up right now. Good reports and coverage.

I like that board myself. it is also in the trc-453 mobile and I run one in my pickup. it has great receive and is quiet on AM and SSB. it is not a power house as far as watts out but it has good swing when setup right. the receive on my mobile is better than my ranger 2950 I use as a base right now. I have it on my repair area and I can have someone talking and just flip the switch to compare the receive with the same antenna. it is a nice radio so do not think you can get some thing better. it may not put out 30 to 40 watts but no one on the other end will ever know the difference of the 10 watts the 465 will do verses the 30 others will do.

Yeah, I love the little radio. It's clean and compact. It was first SSB radio that was given to me by my grand dad so it's not going anywere. I would like to put a 150-200 watt amp on though.

I think that having a tin roof is an asset. My present QTH has a tine roof. To easy to set up something temporary real fast. Mag-mount antenna and slap it at the peak. I have a w
Wilson 5000 and a 5/8 wave 2 metre up right now. Good reports and coverage.

Well funny you say that. I ordered a Wilson 1000 yesterday to put on my girlfriends Jeep Grand Cherokee because we are taking a road trip back home to Georgia. She doesn't know it yet, but I'm gonna be playing with the radio the entire time.... :D I know she's gonna flip when she sees on top of her brand new Jeep though! :cry::D

I hope you know a good proctologist. You may need one. :D

:laugh:

Pulled some coax and soldered some connectors on... And I'm up and running! Amazingly enough the SWR is perfect. I was pumped to see that. Tomorrow ill be able to do some more testing. As for right now I just have the TRC-465 hooked up since it's my only other radio with SSB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.