• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Top Gun Quad 5

I wonder if the Top Gun Quad 5's that Bob's is selling now have the new board in them? Maybe with DSP? They have gotten a little pricey lately!

JD
They used to sell two versions of the Top Gun. The standard, which is what I have, and the "enhanced" version, which has the high power finals, max mod, etc.. The last time I noticed them selling the standard version was around 8 to 10 months ago. As for using a new board, it may be worth a call to Bob's and ask.

Screenshot_20230923-081753_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wonder if the Top Gun Quad 5's that Bob's is selling now have the new board in them? Maybe with DSP? They have gotten a little pricey lately!

JD
My anytone 5555 (newest version) doesn't have the "DSP" option but my Anytone Aries ii does and I love it, its adjustable which is awesome.

My 5555 is latest version. Your confusing the "N" with the "+". The N has the noise filtering, the ÷ doesnt..

My 5555 is latest version. Your confusing the "N" with the "+". The N has the noise filtering, the ÷ doesnt..

I don't believe Eldorado is confused. You posted it yourself. At5555Plus/N.

2717-15040-5.jpg

One box, two different versions?
One without the separate rx dsp board the plus, one with the dsp board the plus/n.
This was 2022 in there sales flyer
"
  • NRC - reception noise reduction (additional PCB inside the radio)

Maybe the serial number sticker on the outside of the box reflects if it is a plus model or a plus/n but it sure looks like they printed the box to hold both radios.
I don't think they have the same main board as the latest Aries II models.

Jeff

The plus N was sold in the EU and I believe it still is. I would think that if Top Gun purchased the N version for their model, they would have let it be known via the packaging.
@TueGr8 , I think most on the fourm are just very tired of smart ass remarks that serve no purpose other than to make the one posting them feel... well, however it makes you feel. . I'm sure you can relate? Or maybe not.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.