• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tower install

fisjr

Apr 21, 2011
NEW JERSEY
Installed a new hdbx32 tower this week. Would like to know how to position my 20 feet of excess coax (max400) should i coil it next to the tower? I do not want to cut due to my room where my radios are is being moved and will need the 20 feet.

Thanks

Do whatever you want with it. Coil it up and tape it to the tower or coil it up and stash it behind your radio. No big deal what you do with it. Contrary to common CB belief's, coiling coax cable up is NOT a problem unless it is wound in a very tight coil.

keep the coils larger than 12 inches and you are good to go. I would put the ecess coils indoors, since your moving further in with it for convinience as well as to keep more of the coax out of the weather.

Very basically, put it (store it) where it's most convenient for you and where it won't get damaged. If that's at the base of the tower, fine. If it's behind your radio desk/table, that's fine too. It's sort'a nice to put it somewhere that 2 or 4 legged animals don't get ideas about it being 'chewable' or something equally as aggravating.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.