• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tracking down the trash

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon7861

Loose Wire
Nov 28, 2018
With the upcoming period of high solar activity, I think the radio community should work together in finding people playing music. If we could get just one member in every state to put an adcock array or something else with a sharp null on a rotor, this forum would have the power to narrow down the source of this garbage enough for locals to drive around with some gear to find these guys. The FCC isn't doing anything, I think it is time we do. Who is interested in starting a group specifically for direction-finding purposes? We could use an app like Zello (or a dfChat here) to establish a means to contact group members simultaneously when the direction-finding service are needed. Heck, it might grow into something that receives government funding if it becomes successful. We have enough skilled members here to not have to tolerate this.

Well, that's why this country went soft, nobody is willing to dish out a shitty deal in the name of what's right any more. I would excitedly get my hands dirty if a civil approach failed. You're absolutely right, getting enough people from across the country on board with the balls to confront wrongdoing is very unlikely these days. That's why we are in the mess we are in.

• Haha
Reactions: USXDriver
Well, that's why this country went soft, nobody is willing to dish out a shitty deal in the name of what's right any more. I would excitedly get my hands dirty if a civil approach failed. You're absolutely right, getting enough people from across the country on board with the balls to confront wrongdoing is very unlikely these days. That's why we are in the mess we are in.
See, This is where we disagree. If someone came to me and the reason was the right reason. No thought. Hands are dirty and its on. But putting myself in a legal situation because of a cb radio is nonsense. Not to mention you cannot leave your house without being on camera in today's world.

Not to mention that all that is illegal and it can get you killed fast as was seen in Phoenix and some other places years ago when idiots got into it and then someone ended up dead ! Plus putting stuff on the internet about someone also leaves you with plenty of legal ramifications, stupid idea to say the least ! I say, don't cry just QSY !

I guess I will just have to go to that person's house, trip on their coax cable, then sue them for everything they have. I guess we can call this thread closed.

• Haha
Reactions: USXDriver
I guess I will just have to go to that person's house, trip on their coax cable, then sue them for everything they have. I guess we can call this thread closed.
You said it wrong. You guess you will have to spend hours a day for weeks to find the house that you think is the problem. Then trespass on their property and hope you don't get shot, go to jail or both. And then trip on their coax only to find out since you broke the law a judge throws your lawsuit out. I can find a much better use of my time for sure then all that.

it wasnt my intention to start with criminal behavior, merely not ruling it out based on how they respond to being confronted. But I get what everyone is saying.

Brandon,
Chances are good that you'd be doing time or paying fines, or both, while the jerk-offs are still playing music. Like Kneebiter said, no CB is worth that. There are plenty of other freqs on 11m to go to. Or get a ham ticket and go play where at least most of the people are there to play radio and not music.

73 and good luck

I got involved in a couple " enforcement" issues on CB many years ago.
Before it was over there were people shooting at each other.
Really.
It ended in several arrests and charges against both the perp and the unfortunate guys that got caught up in it.
It's not worth it.
Someone goes and tries to pull the antenna down and then it's suddenly a war zone.
There is no requirement that you have to be sane to play radio.
You will find the same lugnuts on some ham bands, there is a particular repeater in so cal that comes to mind, but at least you have much more room to play.
Ten meters is huge and propagation is just like 11.
I made lots of contacts on 36, 37, 39, 40 this morning as well, so you don't just have to sit on 38.

Jeff

Brandon,
Chances are good that you'd be doing time or paying fines, or both, while the jerk-offs are still playing music. Like Kneebiter said, no CB is worth that. There are plenty of other freqs on 11m to go to. Or get a ham ticket and go play where at least most of the people are there to play radio and not music.

73 and good luck
Just frustrated. I already have my general ticket, but I like 11m because none of the people I like talking to have their ticket.

I wasn't talking about committing felonies, there is an art to s#!tty deals. What would the charge/fine be if I put his new truck in the paper for $1200 OBO right under his swingers wanted ad? Some aluminum nails in his driveway might get me a night in jail, no big deal there... I can see if I were to falsely report their credit cards as stolen, or filed a change of address with the post office, or make their roof have leaks, sure, that might get me in a bit more trouble. But I wasn't trying to get mad about it, just have a little fun with the A-hole is all.

“Living well is the best revenge” is a quote from George Herbert, a 16th century poet. (Google)

Just move on, every time you get pissed-off and frustrated the jerk-offs win. That's exactly why they do it. And obviously the FCC couldn't care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?