• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram 201 no zero beat to align Vfo.

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
I picked up a beautiful Tram 201 replaced some tubes and BA board fuse and it works great. Trying to line up Vfo better but when do it I get no zero beat to help. What do I need to look at> I built a freq counter that works so I know where I am at on Vfo but would like channel numbers to line up better. Please help.

Pull out the "CAL" button.

You're supposed to get a beat tone in the speaker when the VFO is close. The zero beat is the point beween where the pitch rises when turning the VFO knob either way.

Pretty sure the crystal selector has to be on channel 9 for this to work.

nomadradio i followed the instructions on going to channel 9 on selector and vfo but cannot get any sound or zero beat . Vfo working good on transmit and receive normally but no pull out and check zero beat on 9.

Another possibility is that the radio was modded to transmit from the VFO. The factory had to make the VFO receive only to obtain legal FCC approval. Single most-popular mod for the D201 is to have the VFO modified for transmit.

There is more than one way to do this, and the 'CAL' feature may have been disabled as a side effect of this mod.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.