• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram Corsair 23 Channel AM SSB CB Radio

dgtr43

Sep 8, 2008
I purchased a Tram Corsair 23 Channel AM SSB CB Radio several years ago off of ebay as a repair/restoration project. I purchased this radio without a microphone. Not sure what microphone would wire up to this radio. It has a head phone type jack for the area where a mike goes. I have several mobile microphones (Turner + 3, Expander 400 & 400 NC, Cobra power mike) considering for hookup. Do not even know if this radio came be restored. I am planning on allowing Mikes Radio Repair (Youtube) take a look at this radio. It has low recieve, no mike attached and a power cord hard wired into the radio.

Any thoughts, forum?

I purchased a Tram Corsair 23 Channel AM SSB CB Radio several years ago off of ebay as a repair/restoration project. I purchased this radio without a microphone. Not sure what microphone would wire up to this radio. It has a head phone type jack for the area where a mike goes. I have several mobile microphones (Turner + 3, Expander 400 & 400 NC, Cobra power mike) considering for hookup. Do not even know if this radio came be restored. I am planning on allowing Mikes Radio Repair (Youtube) take a look at this radio. It has low recieve, no mike attached and a power cord hard wired into the radio.

Any thoughts, forum?

Pretty cool old rig, and rare, too. 3 wire hookup for the mic, but I would think you can find a way to use what you have. Would be nice to have a factory stocker hand mic, but probably really hard to find one. Good luck with it!

Brett

Takes a high-impedance mike. Straight (non-amplified) D-104 is suitable. Turner 350C (The "C" suffix indicates the ceramic cartridge) should sound good on this radio.

This kind of mike, with a ceramic or crystal cartridge is nearly extinct. Dynamic mikes with high-impedance output will work, but the low-impedance mikes used with solid-state radios will fall short on mike gain.

I like tramdr's comment under the video: " More for fun and collector value than performance."

Reactions: 2RT307

Any thoughts, forum?
The following is the matching VFO that was originally made for the Corsair. Although this one is a little pricy, other examples occasionally show up on Ebay. With a little tweaking, one of these will get you to the upper SSB channels like 38.

Tram Diamond 10 tuner

Reactions: 2RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.