1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

TRAM D201. C706

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Crambone, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Crambone

Crambone Active Member

anyone have a pic or good description of we’re C706 is located?

2. LeapFrog

LeapFrog Wielding Hanlon's Razor

Schematic shows it's a variable capacitor near the driver tube.
    Check around, T700 (C707), the driver tube (R706, R705), one end goes to ground.

Sorry I don't have any pics of the inside to point it out, I've never repaired or purchased one of these.
    Stay safe Crambone, don't let it bite you.
    d201_c706.png

#2 LeapFrog, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Sonar likes this.
  3. Tweetybird

Tweetybird Well-Known Member

I have a schematic for my tram titan two if that would help

4. LeapFrog

LeapFrog Wielding Hanlon's Razor

5. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

C706 is the neutralizing adjustment for the final tube.

It's purpose is to balance the negative feedback to the final tube. Makes it stable so it won't oscillate and produce RF energy far away from your channel frequency.

The procedure to set it found in the factory manual is a bit convoluted.

Just don't make the mistake we see over and over, setting it to max the wattmeter reading.

Sonar, NZ8N and LeapFrog like this.
  6. Crambone

Crambone Active Member

Thanks guys I got and it’s back working properly.

7. Sonar

Sonar Sr. Member

What are the possible repercussions of dropping in a new final (6BQ5) without neutralizing it? While trying to figure out a problem I was having with my fs2340 I replaced the two 6BQ5 modulators but thought twice about installing a new 6BQ5 final because i couldn't go through the neutralization process. The problem was eventually rectified, but I always wondered what type of damage if any could be done by replacing a tube final in any piece of equipment that requires the final be neutralized? 73