• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram D201 no am reception

i checked the top slug with a volt meter it was all over the place i checked the lower slug it is steady about 00.1 ohm.

I soldered in the new can the t302 can itt fixed the popping and going out but it still have the receive fading after a few minutes

im using a frequency counter to check the frequencies, the 5.8mhz appears to be steady. at v302 pin 2 im not sure where to measure the 6mhz signal there are some high voltages here. its not faded in awhile so when it fades again i will check the 5.8mhz again, and the 6mhz if i can find it.

The tram stopped popping and going out. It is still fading out though but now it recovers faster, after i turn it off to cool and receives for a longer time. i replaced v302, v301 and v300

A fade-out, fade-in problem sounds like the heater in a tube going dark, then coming back.

Turn down the lights and have a close look for a tube with a dark heater when the receive fades out next time.

The spring contacts in the tube sockets are a famously-common problem. They lose spring tension and lose the connection to one or more of the tube's pins.

It really sounds like you need at least one tube socket replaced.

Maybe.

Thank You Nomadradio. i turned out the lights and waited till it faded, but the tubes did not dim or go out.

i touched signal generator at 455khz to the grid of v400 pin1 when it faded and it began to receive again im trying to see if 455khz tone will pass to the speakers after the 455 filters

Last edited:
Those yellow resonators go bad. I know you said you tapped them. Tap them again and see if you hear static.

i replaced the v400 tube the trams cooled now im turning it on fingers crossed go 6ba6 go

i keep thinking its the yellow resonators too i dont know how to check them though other than tapping them

Last edited:
Thanks kneebiter I love barketts i ordered the t302 can from them that fixed the popping and going in and out, unfortunately thats when i realized there was more than one thing wrong

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?