• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Transel Nitro 300 no output

Jimbo165

Jun 1, 2012
Southeastern Michigan
Does anyone have some pictures of the inside of a Transel Nitro 300 linear amplifier or a schematic of same. I have one showing no out put .Thanks
20160922_203150_resized.jpg

Can't remember ever seeing a schematic for any Transel product.

Ever.

That one is a bit odd. They pulled some dirty tricks to make a 2-pole relay do the job normally done by one with 3 poles. Seem to me that it raises the standby-side SWR when you put one of them in line. A good amplifier should mimic a barrel connector when it's turned off and raise the SWR between the radio and antenna only a little. This one is not so good in that department.

Found some pics. This one demonstrates a part of why that standby-side SWR is so high. The coax socket is the one that connects to the radio. Your barefoot signal feeds to the relay through an unshielded wire 10 or more inches long. The relay in the foreground is the 3-pole replacement we substituted for the original 2-pole. Part of the 'upgrade' is to use coax in place of this unshielded wire.

mFFBxT.jpg

I don't usually post a pic as large as the one below, but it shows a fair detail of the dozen or so changes we made to the circuit board. One problem with this box is excessive gain. Still shows 150 or more Watt carrier with the radio turned down to a half Watt.

oXWnSA.jpg

I have a 'bench' file of the changeover to a 3-pole relay that goes with these pics, but it's written in a cryptic sort of shorthand, not in a detailed way that would make good sense by itself.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated