• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

transformerless 3 tuber not working now lightning hit

fnkycoldmedina

May 18, 2005
pa
thats right ,on the 4th of july my antenna was hit by lightning.shredded my imax 99..smoked the coax...burnt right off at the low pass filter.filter no good i ussume??radio survived ,dont ask me how ....but if any of you have seen the sweet sweet 3 tuber i just got it now doesnt work.darn thing is mint ...you all seen it .i figure something in the keying circut.
powers up fine...no rec amp ,no power output .who can i send this to for repair??this is a rare amp in mint shape so i would like to repair it .if you want to see pictures of the antenna go to the "other cb forum"under general discussions and i have some pics up there .you can see what a lightning strike does to a imax 99.so who you reccomend to repair this animal??

fnkycoldmedina said:
thats right ,on the 4th of july my antenna was hit by lightning.shredded my imax 99..smoked the coax...burnt right off at the low pass filter.filter no good i ussume??radio survived ,dont ask me how ....but if any of you have seen the sweet sweet 3 tuber i just got it now doesnt work.darn thing is mint ...you all seen it .i figure something in the keying circut.
powers up fine...no rec amp ,no power output .who can i send this to for repair??this is a rare amp in mint shape so i would like to repair it .if you want to see pictures of the antenna go to the "other cb forum"under general discussions and i have some pics up there .you can see what a lightning strike does to a imax 99.so who you reccomend to repair this animal??
Other Forum???? Post the the pics here so we can see them.

fnkycoldmedina said:

The Lord works in mysterious ways :D

As Toll_Free said in another thread !
Those types of amps have taken the life of many :(

Lightning took the life of that amp before it could take yours
or someone close to you.
Sorry for your loss however if it was me, I would consider
it a blessing...

The Dealer said that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.