• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Traveling Internationally with Amateur Radio

BenMara

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jan 16, 2013
SC swamplands
I plan to travel internationally with my KX3, KXPA100, power supply and associated bits. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions for traveling with said items?

Plan to be working in Kuwait for couple months, would love to carry my amateur radio equipment with me.

Tkx
Ben

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

I have traveled with my FT857D, Tokyo Hi-power amp and a tuner and also with my KX2 and have been questioned only a couple times. I do carry on and if you have a lithium battery it has to go carry on and can't be bigger than 8AH. The time I got questioned was with the 857,amp, wire antennas and tuner the guy just asked what it was and said have a good day. Carry a copy of your license just in case also. Your KX3 and amp won't take up much space along with a wire antenna or what ever antenna you have. Have fun and not sure what you have to do as far as the rules where you are going.
Chuck KK6USY

Reactions: BenMara
Kuwait is listed but you need to check if your privileges are the same. Frequencies and power limitations could be different.

What are some precautions i can take, so my equipment does NOT get confiscated?

I plan to carry on my MacBookPro 13", CPAP machine and masks, KX3, KXPA100, and PowerWerx supply.

I plan to travel internationally with my KX3, KXPA100, power supply and associated bits. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions for traveling with said items?

Plan to be working in Kuwait for couple months, would love to carry my amateur radio equipment with me.

Tkx
Ben
hello if you come to Kuwait i will look for you 145.9625R 144.2125T dcs 145 phone is 94010522 73 9k2/k2sli Carl

Hi! I know it's been a while, but I'm curious as to why you didn't bring anything with you. Was there anything wrong with that? I just want to travel around Europe for a few weeks and would like to bring my equipment with me, but I'm worried about it being confiscated. I've planned the entire trip, purchased all of my tickets, and even discovered some cool websites like https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/. However, there's still the issue with the equipment. I apologize for bringing this up, but I desperately need your advice.

I have a trip planned to Mexico soon and looked into operating HF there. I was planning on taking my Elecraft KX2. Unfortunately, it looks like a permit is required for non-Mexican licencees, which is now a giant hassle. Oh well :(

Hi! I know it's been a while, but I'm curious as to why you didn't bring anything with you. Was there anything wrong with that? I just want to travel around Europe for a few weeks and would like to bring my equipment with me, but I'm worried about it being confiscated. I've planned the entire trip, purchased all of my tickets, and even discovered some cool websites like https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/. However, there's still the issue with the equipment. I apologize for bringing this up, but I desperately need your advice.
I returned back in Dec 2019. Limited amt for carry on batteries. I needed to focus on work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated