• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRB1 in Uniden pc78ltw

you have many choices , there's room if you use your head , I've never been in that radio but IM guessing there's a weather board , OK . first you can ether get a large hunk of heat shrink tubing that will go over the board to protect the electronics or you can use electrical tape and nicely rap it . (the wires will be fine coming out from the sides) you can either use the sqealch knob or the delta/swr knob spaces for your dual trb-1 control , if it were me , I'd use the sq. knob space , pop the plastic chrome knop off and unscrew the knob from the chassie ,you can just tie that off in the radio , now you can install your dual control from the trb-1 . (it will look nice there along side the other dual knobs already on the radio) after you sealed the trb-1's board up real good you can now carefully shove it up towards the front of the radio under the wires (you can use a few tie raps to lock it in place with the already there radio wires). If you feel there's still not enough room because of the speaker ? you can remove it as you said. my last resort would be drilling a hole anywhere you like in the radio and through the covers and or chassie for your trb-1's control knobs.This might give you an idea.
im002561gs1.jpg

Switch Kit said:
you have many choices , there's room if you use your head , I've never been in that radio but IM guessing there's a weather board , OK . first you can ether get a large hunk of heat shrink tubing that will go over the board to protect the electronics or you can use electrical tape and nicely rap it . (the wires will be fine coming out from the sides) you can either use the sqealch knob or the delta/swr knob spaces for your dual trb-1 control , if it were me , I'd use the sq. knob space , pop the plastic chrome knop off and unscrew the knob from the chassie ,you can just tie that off in the radio , now you can install your dual control from the trb-1 . (it will look nice there along side the other dual knobs already on the radio) after you sealed the trb-1's board up real good you can now carefully shove it up towards the front of the radio under the wires (you can use a few tie raps to lock it in place with the already there radio wires). If you feel there's still not enough room because of the speaker ? you can remove it as you said. my last resort would be drilling a hole anywhere you like in the radio and through the covers and or chassie for your trb-1's control knobs.This might give you an idea.
im002561gs1.jpg
Great! Thank you for the help.

That's AWESOME T-Head ! good to hear things have worked out for you up to this point. If there's a will , there's a way. :)
Enjoy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned