• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRB1 in Uniden pc78ltw

you have many choices , there's room if you use your head , I've never been in that radio but IM guessing there's a weather board , OK . first you can ether get a large hunk of heat shrink tubing that will go over the board to protect the electronics or you can use electrical tape and nicely rap it . (the wires will be fine coming out from the sides) you can either use the sqealch knob or the delta/swr knob spaces for your dual trb-1 control , if it were me , I'd use the sq. knob space , pop the plastic chrome knop off and unscrew the knob from the chassie ,you can just tie that off in the radio , now you can install your dual control from the trb-1 . (it will look nice there along side the other dual knobs already on the radio) after you sealed the trb-1's board up real good you can now carefully shove it up towards the front of the radio under the wires (you can use a few tie raps to lock it in place with the already there radio wires). If you feel there's still not enough room because of the speaker ? you can remove it as you said. my last resort would be drilling a hole anywhere you like in the radio and through the covers and or chassie for your trb-1's control knobs.This might give you an idea.
im002561gs1.jpg

Switch Kit said:
you have many choices , there's room if you use your head , I've never been in that radio but IM guessing there's a weather board , OK . first you can ether get a large hunk of heat shrink tubing that will go over the board to protect the electronics or you can use electrical tape and nicely rap it . (the wires will be fine coming out from the sides) you can either use the sqealch knob or the delta/swr knob spaces for your dual trb-1 control , if it were me , I'd use the sq. knob space , pop the plastic chrome knop off and unscrew the knob from the chassie ,you can just tie that off in the radio , now you can install your dual control from the trb-1 . (it will look nice there along side the other dual knobs already on the radio) after you sealed the trb-1's board up real good you can now carefully shove it up towards the front of the radio under the wires (you can use a few tie raps to lock it in place with the already there radio wires). If you feel there's still not enough room because of the speaker ? you can remove it as you said. my last resort would be drilling a hole anywhere you like in the radio and through the covers and or chassie for your trb-1's control knobs.This might give you an idea.
im002561gs1.jpg
Great! Thank you for the help.

That's AWESOME T-Head ! good to hear things have worked out for you up to this point. If there's a will , there's a way. :)
Enjoy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.