• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

triple magmount

pinejuice

Apr 22, 2005
wanna try to change the coax on the magmount because its small and while i was taking it apart i broke it off. cant tell where the coax sheild was hooked up at..any idea where? never worked with this before.can i just hook it up on 1 of the mag mounts

the shield connects to the center of the triangle plate or the tbar right next to the antenna feedpoint on every trimag/quadmag i have seen, you want to keep the shield and center conductor as short and close as is practical to preserve the coax characteristics right to the antenna feedpoint.

3 mag

bob85 said:
the shield connects to the center of the triangle plate or the tbar right next to the antenna feedpoint on every trimag/quadmag i have seen, you want to keep the shield and center conductor as short and close as is practical to preserve the coax characteristics right to the antenna feedpoint.

Could you put that in english so the rest of us could decipher it.
I am detecting a Limey accent there and Im not sure if the antennas you use in the UK are the same as we use here, all I see are those junk serios coming from your country.

Im a big Tony Stewart fan but Im not too sure about the rest of you Brits

limey lmao, you know what antennas i use and my tripple 7" mag works fine, plenty of surface area for good capacitive coupling, and tested at 126mph with a 22" 10k, now throw that wilson weaner magnet away and put your 5000's on a sirio 145 magnet for a better signal.

I'm using a triple magnet mount with a single coil 10-k that does well with 450 bird watts which shows 1/4 watt reflect on the bird meter so I'd say the grounding is more than adequate on the trimag.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.