• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRIVIA?,,,WHAT DO I HAVE HOOKED UP HERE??????????????

lololo
now lets see, almost 25ohms, almost zero reactance and almost one electrical halfwave from the source, nothings perfect remember including my cheap minivna but it is fun to use,

the almost 180 degrees is the part i just dont get yet but your very very close, if i had turned the phase off you would have gotten it by now ;)

what distance other than an electrical halfwave would shouild give the same reading as an actual electrical halfwave from the source and what could that none reactive load that presents vswr of 2:! be???

ok yes the net impedance is 25ohms, the sweep width tells you it cannot have any reactive component otherwise the numbers would deviate betwen the 2 points :D and it is some distance from the source other than one electrical halfwave or multiples thereof, even if the load had reactance the distance it is away from the source would not change the readings over such a frequency excursion

ok im driving some folk nuts, they are driving me nuts in pm it is posted elsewhere and im eating my tea, when im done i will tell you what it is, untill then keep guessing

ok the load is 0ne t-piece and 2 50ohm cable terminations in parallel, i dont get the phase thing as you get zero instructions on how to interpret what you see,

its a good thing you stayed put freecell as any other guessing would have been less accurate than what you already said,

top marks for not letting me have you guessing wildly at something that could not be anything else :D ,

i can only conclude that the vna supposes there is a feedline present the phase been the net distance from directional coupler through the t-piece to the loads only a small distance would give readings the same as an actual halfwave of coaxial terminated at its load end with a 25ohm none reactive load hmm maybe it would not i would have to try that, lots of learning to do with this thing for me

nope the coax would transform the impedance as soon as i deviate from the electrical halfwave but since i did not say 50ohm coax and nor did you then your answer is still correct
if it was 25ohm coax or 2 parallel 50ohm coaxials i think :roll:

now let me think what i can try you all with next lolol you would not believe some of the answers i got :twisted:

now for something a little more difficult anyone care to hazzard a guess from what you see, this one would have me confused :roll:

sweepit2.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.