• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRIVIA?,,,WHAT DO I HAVE HOOKED UP HERE??????????????

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
SWEEPIT.png

nope not a 50ohms load, i will give ya 2 days for the answer then try something else,
i have had several suggestions ranging from a dummyload to a lightbulb :) but i dont see them posting.

Thanks Bob, I already found that site doing a Google search on miniVNA. There does not seem to be any way to purchase the hardware (interface) there, only download the software. Maybe I'm missing something. Wouldn't be the first time.

Rich

try this link, they changed the site a little and now have an eu distributor too, join the forum and read all about it,
let me warn you that the waiting on delivery was to be 2 to 3 weeks according to david and a promise to keep me informed on shipping times, i paid the same day and got an email from david saying delay 3 to 4 weeks plus a week for shipping, it took about 7weeks thats after i contacted him 3 times to see what the delay was, it may be better now he has a distributor,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/analyzer_iw3hev/

come on guys look at the numbers,

SWEEP WIDTH
VSWR
Z
Xs
X

theres no trickery here as has been suggested to me

i just turned the other measurements on to confuse you and me lolol,

better hurry as somebody got extremely close with a perfectly feasable answer in pm, technically he was correct but i want to know exactly what is connected to the minivna out port,

i promise the next thing i put on there will be more difficult,

in fact i may get the wife to test me see how hard it is when i dont know whats connected lol,

after briefly studying the information i can only conclude that you're looking at a load with almost no reactance located approximately one electrical 1/2 wavelength (180 degrees) away from the generator source. the figures don't seem to change in the least for a frequency excursion of 320 khz. and that has me somewhat baffled. it can't be an incandescent or fluorescent bulb as the filaments introduce all manner of reactance and it clearly is not a 50 ohm dummy load.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.