• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trying To Do The VFO Wind Up Cobra 29 Chrome Help Please

blake25537

Mar 10, 2019
I've been reading about the VFO Windup on the net. I have a 2013 Cobra 29 LTD Chrome. What I read was put a 470 + side of the Cap on the Strip side of D18 the - to ground. I done that but nothing happened. I even tried a 220 n a 33 Cap nothing seems to work. Could someone please explain and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

I think what your doing wrong is tying to make your radio do that in the first place. Had to google it to see what you were even talking about.

Reactions: Greg T and NZ8N
Also I read some place the it has to be a 2011 or under something about they changed something in the lol. I'm not sure if that's right or not.

I'm using a test radio

Ok. The mod doesn't actually make any noise. You could manually do the same thing with an unlocked clarifier. Imagine turning the clarifier all the way to the left and slowly bringing it on frequency after you key up. You have to key over someone for the sweeping noise to be heard.

Reactions: NZ8N
So I couldn't have a test radio in the same room and hear it. I have my base radio on the same channel and when I key up the 29 I don't hear anything different.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated