• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRYING TO SELL MY UNIQUE UNIDEN MADISON

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
From my own experience I don't normally check out the swap/for sale section unless I'm looking for a particular item. Occasionally I'll check out the swap for sale section and although I'm not looking for something I'll see something that catches my eye. I thought I'd add this post in the announcement section letting as many people as I can know that I am selling my Uniden Madison. It comes with two silver eagle d104's (one fet modified) and two of the president bookend speakers. It has a frequency counter in place of the original digital clock. A dial a watt knob where the 11/4" headphone jack is. I recently had the audio limiter installed (as the previous owner removed it.) It was aligned and the finals bias was completed. I had a local install a replacement final after the original took a dump. Unfortunately the local who did the final replacement failed to do the necessary bias adjustment after he installed the new final. The person I sent the Madison to for this work used a oscilloscope to adjust the audio. He did a terrific job and I did add 2 photos of the before and after audio limiter install and audio adjustments in the for sale advertisement. The transceiver is extremely clean cosmetically. That's inside and out. The wires (inside) have been wire tied and placed in an extremely neat configuration. It's a truly wonderful sounding Madison both on AM and SSB. It can be used with the vfo or standard 40 channel selector. I added a video of the original work that was done by Mike of mikes radio repair and will add that clip here. The frequency counter, vfo and recap were performed about 4 years ago. The fet modified silver eagle was done about a year ago (by loose cannon.) I'm asking and firm at $700. I understand that it's not cheap but if you like myself can't build a Madison like the one I'm selling yourself having Mike or another qualified technician do the work for you will cost more than the price I'm asking. The vfo and frequency counter cost about $170 alone. Between the shipping cost parts and modification building this same Madison will cost well over the asking price. I'm trying to raise money due to medical bills. If not for this reason I'd never concider parting with my Madison. After seeing pictures lossecannons Madison I wanted one just like it or as close to It as possible. If someone is truly interested I will add photos and videos of the Madison and add them to the original selling post. It's not one of a kind but close to it. I would like to add that the cost of the 2 president speakers and both silver eagles (one fet modified) are worth almost half the $700 asking price. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Ps. If you're not interested yourself I would appreciate it if youll pass the sale information along to someone you know who might be interested. 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.