• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ts830 mod

B

big_sho9

so,, I have an older model that requires the wire mod to let the warc bands work. It has been done. There is a switch on the back. One other guy owned it, and the previous owner was a freebander. But nothing I can do will get this rig on 11 meters. Is the warc mod the same as 11 meter mod? What am I missing here?

The WARC mod is for the ham bands that got legalized after that radio was sold, 10 MHz and 18 MHz, pretty sure.

11 meters calls for changing a couple or more wires. Haven't done one in 20-plus years, but the info should be on file at the shop somewhere. Maybe under a 20-year deep pile of other stuff. I'll see if I can track it down.

The WARC mod is for the ham bands that got legalized after that radio was sold, 10 MHz and 18 MHz, pretty sure.
Ok, I know more on what's going on. I looked at a mars mod on here for my radio, and it has been done. But when I flip the switch, all the warc bands go out, as in the freq counter goes blank. It also go's blank on 10meter switch, but other than 18,24,1.8, this doesn't happen anywhere else. Odd uh? I'm wondering if someone has changed something else? (crystal):sick::cry: Other than this, my radio works flawless... Oh yeah, it goes blank on 10 meters when you hit the plus 5 khz button

Last edited by a moderator:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.