• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner +2 internal wiring

missourimule

Jun 6, 2009
Buena Park,CA
I have an older Turner +2 . The key bar says Tansistorized, and has the board in the neck.A past owner got in there and "tryed" to get it working.I'm almost sure he got the wrong wire on the wrong set of points.I have my own Turner 2 that works great on my Cobra 132XLR, but its different inside, no board in the neck, therefore I cannot compare them.I checked a Turner wiring manual, all I seen was the mic cord wires. Anybody out there have an older +2 with the board in the neck ???:confused:

I have an older Turner +2 . The key bar says Tansistorized, and has the board in the neck.A past owner got in there and "tryed" to get it working.I'm almost sure he got the wrong wire on the wrong set of points.I have my own Turner 2 that works great on my Cobra 132XLR, but its different inside, no board in the neck, therefore I cannot compare them.I checked a Turner wiring manual, all I seen was the mic cord wires. Anybody out there have an older +2 with the board in the neck ???:confused:

I know this is old but I do and need help wiring this type of mic to my Galaxy DX2547. Anyone?

I have the two page manual that came with the Turner +2 with the preamp that is in the neck as you have. Attached is a pdf of the manual I scanned. I hope this helps.

Mike

Attachments

• Turner +2 wiring001.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 233
I have the two page manual that came with the Turner +2 with the preamp that is in the neck as you have. Attached is a pdf of the manual I scanned. I hope this helps.

Mike
That is just what I was looking for!! Thank you. The radio checks I've been getting on my Galaxy DX2547 with this mic say it sounds like I'm off frequency. Would over modulation cause this effect?

D

Last edited:
That is just what I was looking for!! Thank you. The radio checks I've been getting on my Galaxy DX2547 with this mic say it sounds like I'm off frequency. Would over modulation cause this effect?

D

Well I double checked everything I could think of and went for a ride in the mobile while SWMBO talked on the Galaxy with the Turner +2 after a few minor adjustments I think it sounds fine. A little bit "tinny" but what I expected. At least I no longer sound "off frequency" Thanks again.

Glad this helped. I had this info from the 1968 time frame.

Regarding off-frequency sounding: The mic shouldn't cause this. Regarding tinny sounding: The mic is 5K ohms (Hi Impedance) which may cut-off the low frequencies if the radio requires a Lo Impedance mic input. Just a guess. I would have thought the preamp would compensate for this difference.

Mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.