• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner +2 SSB schematic (more than one choice)

Lkaskel

Aug 4, 2017
Hi Gang,
I have a bit of a challenge. I picked up a Turner +2 SSB and it did not work. No worries as I can fix it. Unfortunately it has already been touched and it has some new transistors and wiring that I am unsure are correct. I could not find a schematic that made sense so I did what any good tech would do. I bought another +2 SSB that I could hopefully figure out what needs to be done. This is where things went sideways. The second +2 has a different circuit board in it. In fact, the second +2 has the circuit boards (2) that are represented in the schematics I found online. The second one has a circuit board mounted on the back of the mic element and has one transistor. The first +2 has a different arrangement where the circuit board is in the neck and has 2 transistors. I need the schematic for the +2 SSB with one circuit board and 2 transistors or possibly a complete mic with that arrangement. Any help would be appreciated.

73's

Larry

turnerjm2.jpg

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Hi Gang,
I have a bit of a challenge. I picked up a Turner +2 SSB and it did not work. No worries as I can fix it. Unfortunately it has already been touched and it has some new transistors and wiring that I am unsure are correct. I could not find a schematic that made sense so I did what any good tech would do. I bought another +2 SSB that I could hopefully figure out what needs to be done. This is where things went sideways. The second +2 has a different circuit board in it. In fact, the second +2 has the circuit boards (2) that are represented in the schematics I found online. The second one has a circuit board mounted on the back of the mic element and has one transistor. The first +2 has a different arrangement where the circuit board is in the neck and has 2 transistors. I need the schematic for the +2 SSB with one circuit board and 2 transistors or possibly a complete mic with that arrangement. Any help would be appreciated.

73's

Larry
turnerjm2.jpg

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Thanks to both of you!! Dman, the wiring pic is amazing!! As my initial post was in 2017 I had already resolved the wiring issue but unfortunantly the element was bad so the mic is just sitting as a shelf queen.

ya gotta remember that the ssb +2 is made different than the +2 they look alike but different boards and such ssb is marked ssb and +2 is marked just +2

Hi Gang,

73's

Larry
I have one of each and a third that I use Dailey. I'm Willing to sell/trade which ever one it is that you need. My self I'd like to find an RF amp for ten/eleven meters. Make me an offer tho. Ron.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.