• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner Super Sidekick Question

mine has everything soldered in,, no sockets,,,,and please remember,, because i have seen so many get mad or upset and trash the mike ,, but there is 2 adjustments for the modulation,,,,,the knob on top and underneath in a little hole there is an adjustment you can get to with a small screwdriver,,,on mine i adjusted the bottom till it sounded good then the top,,,,, on my president washington first generation,,,not peeked or tuned,,, the bottom is about 1/4 and the top is set at 1/2 every one says it is clean and clear with plenty of modulation,,,,

Reactions: KD8HMO
4000b is a logic ic, sidekicks use lm386 audio amp, i have seen them soldered & in sockets,
i don't know if any came with sockets from new.

Well my SSK arrived and it is about as close to mint as can be. The finish is still real nice. No scratches on the chrome head. Bottom cover and insides have no corrosion or dirt. Leaf switches in good shape. I'm going to change out the electrolytic caps shortly. This mic should be a really good match for my Kenwood TS 530S.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I am remodeling my radio room right now. Am waiting for landlord to install new carpet and paint. Then I'm adding a new cubicle corner desk setup. While I'm working on that, I'm going to install a new vertical, GAP or Butternut. Still deciding on that. Gotta get that installed very soon, before the bad weather hits Ohio.

That microphone looks to be in pristine condition. As you have already planned, replace those axial electrolytics and you are good to go. I purchased one off eBay back in 2010 that was in very bad shape. I went the cover-up route and painted it gold. You may have seen my video's on YouTube. Seemed like only a few weeks ago;

PS. This project has long been completed so ignore any request for feedback as to how to finish it off.

Last edited:
Reactions: KD8HMO

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated