• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Twin X-Mount Dipole Idea

So of you are going omni what gains would these have over a vertical half wave dipole or a ground plane?

Sent from my homebrew wooden jungle box using morse code.

So of you are going omni what gains would these have over a vertical half wave dipole or a ground plane?

Sent from my homebrew wooden jungle box using morse code.

I'm not quite sure yet on gain. The links I posted are conflicting so far. I thought I'd vertically polarize it. Looks like a good antenna for satellites. I have enough parts to make one dipole and am debating whether to make one. I want it to have a better gain figure than my 1/4 wave I got on the tower(does good on DX). I'm waiting for more input from those on this forum. The turnstile antenna does work. Just needs 75 ohm coax from each dipole to a 50 feed line. I would have to spend $75 dollars for two more 1/4 wave whips and a MFJ-347 plus a short boom and a 10 ft mast extension.

Last edited:
You may take a look at the moxon.

Put two of them 90 degrees apart.

If you build all the element and make them resonant at same freq you could use some relays and a phasing line to switch the driven element and that way you would be able to have all corners of the compass covered.

Radio Shack 102" stainless steel whip vs. K1CRA Radio Store's 102" stainless steel whip. R/S=$27.95 times 3=$83.85+tax????=???K1CRA=$17.95 times 3=$53.85+$24.96 shipping=$78.81. Drive twenty miles to rat shack and buy 3 r/s 102"s
Oh goody goody! Rat Shack will ship their 102" whips directly to me free of charge. All I need to do is drive twenty miles and pay for them in the store
P.S. ordered a second MFJ-347

Last edited:
From what I know, which is very little about antennas, without the right atmospheric conditions, this antenna should do good to any station, within line of sight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cp+antenna&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#itp=open1
And here's my answer on how to make it work.

"two crossed dipoles provide the two orthogonal field components... If the two dipoles are identical, the field intensity of each along zenith ... would be of the same intensity. Also, if the two dipoles were fed with a 90° degree time-phase difference (phase quadrature), the polarization along zenith would be circular... One way to obtain the 90° time-phase difference between the two orthogonal field components, radiated respectively by the two dipoles, is by feeding one of the two dipoles with a transmission line which is 1/4 wavelength longer or shorter than that of the other", p.80;

Now I need to find out if rg59 coax would be good to make that 1/4 wave jumper between dipoles.

Right Hand Circular Polarization (RHCP) Animation - YouTube

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.