• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Twin X-Mount Dipole Idea

Last edited:
Your gonna need your general class license to use that antenna scheme.

Thanks. So, I finally found out what freqs that will work on a NVIS setup. Question answered. I looks neat for local comms up to say,200 miles out with the right conditions. The military uses a special radar to see if the signal will bounce off that ionization layer. I'm checking all of my mounting configuration options while I'm waiting for that CP Antenna plans I fore mentioned.
Question:what goes on on 40&80 meters?
P.S. The study material I've read and posted those links says that all antennas possess some of NVIS characteristics. Since one half of my antenna will be a horizontally orientated dipole, I guess I will still get out pretty good. The vertical part will fire 90 degrees out of phase with the horizontal.
(75)

Last edited:
CP yagis and nvis

NVIS wont work at 11 meter frequencies.
The crossed dipoles will function as planned , but contrary to what is spread all over the net adding a reflector (as in two yagis crossed and staggered or fed 90 degrees out of phase ) doesn't work right.

No it won't. Rarely do you see NVIS on any frequency higher than the 40 meter ham band (7 Mhz).

The DB

Thanks. In the articles I posted,I finally found that out. As of now I'm waiting for the CP antenna plans to arrive in the mail. I'm still planning on building a set of beams using circular polarization. At the very least build a twin dipole antenna with the 90 degree phasing coax's and mount orientate them horizontally. Should be good for local. I was also pondering on the idea of tilting the assembly at a angle to where 11 meters will reflect at a shallower angle. Maybe a motorized tilting platform.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.