• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Two antenna setup..

Demon31

May 4, 2005
Going to go with a two antenna setup on the surburban..
Been thinking of going with a front hot back grounded setup..Seems to work good for local keydowns and such..

Lately I have been talking to some locals here and they are running the rear hot and front isolated *not grounded* They said that this setup works a lot better for skip talking..

Any suggestions or comments appreciated.
Thanks,

Demon31,
Either way should work okay as long as you remember that it'll be sort of directional. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're pointed in the 'right' direction.
A 'grounded' antenna sort of works as a reflector. An ungrounded one sort of acts like a director. Both director and reflector depends on the electrical length of the antenna so its not all that simple a thing to predict. Being naturally lazy, I'll stick to a single antenna. Knock yourself out...
- 'Doc

Hey Demon I think it would be better to go with the front antenna being the driven element and the rear being a grounded relector. I don't think you will see much change going with the setup you discribed. So you gonna be ready to key next year in Seattle?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.