• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Two new - old radios

KG0MN

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Mar 5, 2010
I cleaned out a bunch excess junk and sold it so I could make a purchase from a local ham that had two items I was wanting. The first radio is a common Heathkit Apache but the receiver is a not so common item. It is a National NC 2-40D made in 1947 and it works perfectly. You will notice there is no band switch on the radio. What you do is pull the large tuning knob out to change bands and then let it go back in to change frequency. The speaker has a 10" powered speaker in it and for those not familiar with powered speakers, they generally have a large transformer in the enclosure like this does that supply the voltage for the speaker to work. It sure sounds nice with lights turned down low and and bit or 40's music playing on it. If you look close you can see that the radio has two 1/4" phono jacks on the front, one is for headphones and the second is an input so you can hook a phonograph to it and then the radio amplifies the sound of the record player.

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

Reactions: 4 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.