• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Two-tone Ding-Dong noise toy schematic, maybe, sorta?

nomadradio

Analog Retentive
Apr 3, 2005
Louisville, KY
www.nomadradio.com
This is a project that almost happened a dozen times. Okay, maybe only half that many.

Just the same getting hold of someone else's noise toy long enough to trace down the circuit also means taking long enough to actually do that.

Finally sorta happened. Only had this thing for a day, more or less. As a result, this schematic is a rough draft. Bound to have at least one error in it, probably more than one.

But I haven't seen it posted anywhere else, so here it is. With any luck I'll score another one of these and go back to double-check the thing.

Red and black wires are power and ground. Green wire triggers it, usually connected to the transmit pin of the mike socket. The orange wire shuts it off if you ground it, pretty sure. Or does this one change it from one 'bing' to 'bing-bong'? Shoulda hooked it up one more time and made sure before I gave it back.

xSGHo1.jpg

Can't imagine I would ever want to try to build this gadget to sell. Not using this technology, anyway.

Lol
Back in the day, I had a heavily modded cobra 29 with a stinger board in it driving a Magnum 6000 mobile amp.
It had a Ping/double Ping in it.
You could dead key the amp at 65/75 watts and swing peaks of over 600 watts on the ping.
About 3 key ups on channel 17 would stir up the channel real nice.
5 or 6 keys later it was evident that some operators were foaming at the mouth.

I later learned the error of my diabolical ways.........
My bad.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated