• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Underdash mount help-03 Silverado

IronGuts

Mar 3, 2012
Hi all. I am mounting a cb in my 2003 Silverado and prefer to mount it under dash center, under the center cubby and ashtray area. Most of that area is plastic, except for a narrow band of thin support metal farther underneath. There are two existing screws about 8 inches apart on the metal strip. That would be ideal except the suuport metal lies an an off angle, rather than flat, so a typical mounting bracket doesnt seem to work. Has anyone sucessfully mounted a radio under the center dash in this vehicle Thanks.

Thanks. Did you screw into the plastic to install your bracket? Did you put screws from under, with the screw ends exposed coming up into the cubby? You wouldnt happen to have picture??

Small bolts going up into the cuddy area. There's a 2 metre radio on the left with 1 bolt up and a screw into the plastic, then 257 with the left bolted and a screw in the part near the ashtray.

Gotcha, thanks. I wasnt sure of the plastic would hold, but it sounds like it does. Great white north, huh? Me, too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.