• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 no modulation

jetman

Feb 6, 2013
I have TX power, but no modulation. Swapped mics, I do have audio on PA and hear myself with talkback, but nothing on Mod meter nor can I hear myself on test radio. SSB works fine. Normal RX on 980. There's really nothing on this radio out there. Anyone know where I can get a schematic or has anyone had this problem before???
Surface mount tech is really a pain in the a$$ if you ask me. But I can't locate anything!!!! SOOOO SMALL!!!!!

no schematic for this radio out so you will hve to find some one that has had the problem that might have an idea.

this radio comes with a 2 year warranty. contact uniden and see if it still has the warranty time left on it. if you have the receipt will tell you for sure what is left.

this radio comes with a 2 year warranty. contact uniden and see if it still has the warranty time left on it. if you have the receipt will tell you for sure what is left.

^ This is your best bet as long as you haven't been inside it.

Reactions: 1 person
SMT was the beginning of the end for CB radios......plus manufactured in china makes it even worse.

Last edited:
I agree, time for a warranty repair on the SMT radio. No reason to mess with it yourself unless you know WTF you are doing with SMT.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.