1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

uniden 980 ssb on ebay huge price variation

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Rwb, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Rwb

Rwb Active Member

type ssb cb radios in search bar then go looking at all the 980's for sale.
    there were 6 in a row for sale listed as new priced from $132. to $225. couple used radios priced for $125. found 1 that claimed modded peaked n tuned for $50. that cheep id say the GOLDEN SCREWDRIVER over did it to the point of return.
    looks like there are more uniden dealers than lawyers.
    local radio shop has a 980 that was hooked up n used 1 day,the owner didnt like it n traded it in on a galaxy. the 980 is priced for $80
    must be a so so kinda radio to be so many for sale n see several for sale used

2. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Member

They are stable out of the box, not very modifiable, lack that old school charm of a 148. Friend of mine wants one bad, but he has more knowledge about older radios. I don't think he will be happy. Kav has one of the first Teaberry SSB made. Good radio. That 980 digital will just make him mad I think.

Rwb and PA770 like this.
  3. PA770

PA770 W9WDX Member

I was looking at one to replace my Mckinley that's now in my house as a base.. cheapest I found was like $119 at WMart or $115 on Amzn

Rwb likes this.
  4. BJ radionut

BJ radionut Supporting Member and 6m addict

Wallmart has them for $120 with 2 day in-store pick-up

on Amazon for $116 free shipping

Yep we found same stuff....
    Everything on Ebay NIB can just about be found somewhere else for 10-30% less due to Ebay's price gouging fee's anymore!

PA770 and Rwb like this.
  5. Rwb

Rwb Active Member

Whats odd is the varible of prices on ebay ,almost $100 diffrence and some add shipping to an already too high a pricetag

6. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

EBay is a flea market taken to the extreme. Complaining about the prices on there is a worthless venture. People can charge whatever they want and will get it at some point.

7. Rwb

Rwb Active Member

not complaining but thinking how seller B can sell his for $225+ shipping while seller A has his listed for $125 and free shipping.both are new and they are 1 after the other

8. Hurricane145

Hurricane145 Active Member

The higher priced sellers on Ebay are just hoping for a sucker to come along that hasn't done any homework.

Robb, Rwb and El Kabong like this.
  9. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Member

Just take a look at what they want for a 30 year old Cobra 148GTL, that may or may not work. Jacked up prices, probably been gutted for parts and just put together so the lights come on. It's really pathetic. Only chance of getting a radio that's decent is from an estate sale, private owner, or brand new from a box retailer. I just don't trust much of the online sellers if you can't contact them directly. I got burned by PALCO ELECTRONICS. Contacted by phone, ordered parts which never came. They ignore calls and emails. PALCO ELECTRONICS is a real sorry lot. I guess if the business sector up in Detroit is bunch or lying thieves, it's what is to be expected.

Rwb likes this.
  10. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Exactly

Rwb likes this.
  11. Rwb

Rwb Active Member

i will remember that.we should have a sticky with a list of bad se!lers. I despise bad sellers i try to be honest as possible.and when somebody gets burned it makes me boil.
    I was raised to be honest and expect that in return.we know many are trolling to burn us

12. Hurricane145

I watch the 148GTLs on Ebay and amazingly they sell all but a very few regardless of price, or whether it works or not.
    I don't get it!!:confused:

Rwb likes this.
  13. Rwb

Rwb Active Member

must be pricetag n condition blind

Hurricane145 likes this.
  14. Hurricane145

Do a search for them and view the completed auctions, not just the sold auctions and you will see. It is crazy to me!

15. Rwb

Rwb Active Member

i watch them supposedly sell n relist 24 hours later.curious as to how many bid ther own stuff up? Get 2nd acct at ebay n hammer away.they are probably the sellers that STRESS no returns due to parts changers.