• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden 980 ssb on ebay huge price variation

i watch them supposedly sell n relist 24 hours later.curious as to how many bid ther own stuff up? Get 2nd acct at ebay n hammer away.they are probably the sellers that STRESS no returns due to parts changers.
You do have to be careful of those that have shill bidders. If I think something is up with that I stop bidding at all. Sometimes it seems that someone isn't bidding to win. Just bidding after I up a bid trying to keep me close to being the high bidder so I'll keep trying.

There is always another one of most anything to bid on. Be discriminating and careful at bidding!!

Parts swappers and other kinds of ripoffs can be a problem but I thing it is an overrated concern. Too many or the wrong kind of questions and I will block a bidder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb
You do have to be careful of those that have shill bidders. If I think something is up with that I stop bidding at all. Sometimes it seems that someone isn't bidding to win. Just bidding after I up a bid trying to keep me close to being the high bidder so I'll keep trying.

There is always another one of most anything to bid on. Be discriminating and careful at bidding!!

Parts swappers and other kinds of ripoffs can be a problem but I thing it is an overrated concern. Too many or the wrong kind of questions and I will block a bidder.
i usually decide if i want an item,ad to the watch list.then at last 30 minutes i bid .if im outbid i will hit it 1 more time and then if im outbid i ignor the item.
I bidded last on a radio that had no reserve,was told i won that auction.the jerk yanked it off relisted n contacted me n said you have another chane.called fleabay n they were going to make him stand good.as always he is still selling n i never got anywhere with fleabay

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.