• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UNIDEN BEARCAT MIC WIRING NEEDED PLEASE !

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014
Can't seem to find such a simply thing ANYWHERE on the internet so I'm annoyed as hell now and asking you good folks please...

I just want the default mic wiring for the Uniden Bearcat 980 6wire setup PLEASE....

" ANYBODY KNOW ???????????????? "

73'S - Retro

Using the 6 pin to 4 pin adaptor they provide the mic plug it wires just like a stadard Cobra 4 pin mic would. The extra two pins are for their wire mic adaptor.

So...mic connector wiring should be as below.

1 - Audio shield
2 - Audio hot
3- Tx control
4 - Rx control

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
What it is I'm trying do is use that 6pin to 4pin adaptor on another radio without blowing an IC chip or something so I needed to know the Bearcat's 980 wiring was. The other radio I was wanting to use it on is a RCI 2900 ssb mobile...

I don't think they are same wiring so I'm out of luck !

Retro

mrgumby - hey thanks for the mic wiring and pinout for the Bearcat Uniden 980 bro...

That is very helpful, but like I said I was hoping to stick that mic adaptor I got from the Bearcat 980 into the RCI 2900 mobile and use one of my Cobra 4pin power mics but no such luck as the wiring is not the same... Bummer but I'll have my tech rewire it from the inside so that I can use that adaptor is my plan now !!!!!!!!

Retro 73's

wow an RCI 2900 havent seen one of those since the early 1990s. I had one of those years ago hows yours working? mine had cold solder joint problems but once they were fixed it was a good talking radio for am but not much good for ssb

Last edited:
Reactions: Retro CB Guy
I haven't had mine long so I couldn't tell ya but I'm liking it alot already with real nice RX and will be taking it to my tech soon for alignments and then see how it goes but it is need of memory battery naturally and a few lights replaced and some alignments... Thanks again for your input sir. Gosh now I gotta find me service manuals for it and my others such as a recent purchase Courier Centurion PLL 40 channels SSB base but all I'm seeing is the 23 channel base and or the 40D or perhaps the 40D would be okay to use for this one, shrugs...

Retro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.