• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Madison Swing Mod

The Uniden madison, Uniden Washington, and Cobra 2000 were never intended to be heavy swingers. Exotic mods and final swaps are not suggested with any of these radios. Volting finals in radios is not a good idea either unless maybe you have a newer mosfet powered radio. They love higher voltage levels.

Yeah. Radios that have mods that benefit AM does so at the cost of SSB. Now, if you value SSB; then any of these mods are less than worthless. If you really must have a real swingin' AM rig; then why not have a dedicated Cobra 25LTD? Not as tho you can't afford one - right?

I sometimes talk to guys on SSB that had their radios modded for AM modulation, and it sounds like real junk on SSB! Can't have both - apparently . . .

I think the Stryker 955 is one of the few radios that does both well.
So do the older Galaxy radios, such as the 959. So long as they aren't modded either, they do just as poorly as other radios do when modded. Had to restore and repair so many radios on my meager bench because of those 'mods', it isn't even funny.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Just do my asymmetric modulation mod that's buried in the modifications page. It'll work fine. Do not volt the final, it's not necessary with my mod. Make sure all modulation limiters are intact, and upgrade the AM pass regulator to a TIP41C, follow the instructions, and it'll sound great.

~Cheers~

Last edited:
Exitthirteen for some reason I can not find the mod you are talking about. I wanted to see what you had done. can you post the link to it. Thank you Sonoma

thank you exit 13 and Audioshockwave for pinning it to the top. I never knew you called it an asymetric mod. I forgot about this post since it was back in 2014 you posted it..
just set here and reread it from start to finish so I would know what was totally in it.
thanks

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated