• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden madison Wired To Texas Ranger FC-390 Frequency Counter ?

Buckshot

May 29, 2008
Uniden Madison Wired to Texas Ranger FC-390 Frequency Counter ?
I was hoping someone has info on wiring my Uniden Madison Base radio PLL MB8719 with a main board # PC-411AD newest version of madison with digital clock and channeled to a Texas Ranger FC-390 Frequency counter. I hope someone can help, I found the mod for the washington but don't know if its the same and also seen the mod jumper for the frequency counter. I would like directions and a picture or drawing of this board with counter wires soldered in place. That would help alot. Also thinking about trying clarifier mod to unlock & track tx. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!​

here is a link to a page that has that info on it, as well as other mod info.
you will find the FC390 mod down about half way:

Bill's 2 Way - Radio Modification Index Page

defpom also has some info here:

The Defpom FC390 Mods page

there are some pics of an FC390 install on the Grant LT mods page on his site, but i think that board is just a bit different than the madison you have.

do not just go by the photos alone. you may have to compare the schematic of the specific radio shown in the photo to the schematic for your uniden madison in order to match up the connection points.

hope this helps,
LC

Thanks Loosecannon, I will keep looking though i bookmarked your links so i have a reference if i give it a go.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.