• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC-122 adjustable dead key mod ?

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Thought of doing a inquiry to see if anybody has ever heard of doing a mod to add a external knob to this radio so you could turn the dead key up & down without removing the cover. This would be handy if you wanted to run a small KL-203 amp on occasions when skip was rolling or turn it up when you weren't running the amp. That is why I bought my two Galaxy 979s because of their external adjustments.

The radio has a tiny trimmer potentiometer inside that sets the AM carrier power. A control with a knob can be substituted for the trimmer pot soldered to the radio's pc board. Pretty sure it's labeled VR10.

Thanks for the info. Feel happy your not my neighbor because you'd have to chase me out of your shop so you could fix other peoples radios also. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.