• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC-122, ATTN: Handy Andy

Hi, I know this is an older thread but I've got a question about a current issue I'm having.

This is a PC-122, NOT the XL version 1st of all.
Radio works fine but one thing, on RX for USB I can NOT get dialed in on the clarifer at all. Works fine on TX and is on frequency for USB.

What is likely the issue?

73's thanks in advance, Retro

Just some quick questions...

Clarifier unlocked?

Has it been "recapped" - if it's OEM - the older caps can "drag down" the voltages used to "trim" the Varactor.

The switch itself, can inject it's own ohmic path, the USB/LSB/AM switch is physical electrical connections - if USB has not been used in a while - the contacts can be oxidized.

Try running - re-melting the soldering pads of the MODE switch to see if the heating can help in the recovery.

To verify this, simply run a DVM to measure voltage across the line from the Clarifier to ground - locate D24 and flip the switch between modes - to check the voltages - a deviation of over 1 volt or "dead" usually means you got to look into the switch or the path from it to D24

Reactions: tecnicoloco

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.