• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC-383 AB schematic and service manual anyone?

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
Local operator dropped off his President McKinley radio for me to give it a thorough tuneup.
It works, but it also needs an alignment info in the SM.
Never worked on this model before, so what files do you have for it?

ALSO: need the procedure for the clarifier unlock.

Thanks!!!!!

sorry just saw the board number.

this is the mobile version of the 142GTL/ Washington, and is a single conversion MB8719 chassis.

you should be able to use the service manual for the Teaberry Stalker IX:
https://web.archive.org/web/2018121...icks.com/radios/teaberry/stalker_ix/index.htm

also check out the service manual for the Stalker XV, as it is the base version that is like the 142GTL.
if you find problems with one manual, check the other. there may be differences im not thinking of right now.
LC

For the clarifier mod, it said to remove D36 and R187; then reroute the red and orange wires to +8v from the MB3756 reg.

I looked for R187 and my dumbazz can't find it. Noticed some of the resistors are not marked on the board.
Can anyone give me a clue please? General area or specific is fine.

Signed/'Clueless' . . . lulz
Thanks!

Last edited:
Robb,
It is here on the schematic. In the chassis??? Center wiper of clarifier to emitter of TR45 via R201 (3.3k ohm). Appears to be a 22k ohm. That may help narrow it down.
9FDC8C98-BB7A-4F58-A88F-6C31492EFDDD.jpeg

Full schematic attached.

David

Attachments

• teaberry_stalker_ix_xv_sm_sch_pg33.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.