• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden pc 68 ltw China made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Peshoff

May 7, 2018
Does anyone know how to turn up the modulation on a uniden pc 68 ltw China made that is the only mods I want to do on it any help will be appreciated 112 southern Illinois

Do you have an oscilloscope to monitor the output? If not then the only thing you're likely to achieve is making yourself harder to understand and the signal you transmit on the channel you're on weaker as your rig becomes a splatterbox spewing the RF out over several channels. If people can hear you and talk to you there's no need to alter anything. Sure you may get a little more power on transmit on AM/SSB but not enough to make any noticeable difference other than on a power meter.

I understand what you are saying but I have been messing with cb radio's for years this radio needs more modulation.

How much modulation are you getting out of the radio now? about the only mod I can think of for this radio would be the cap and resister mod to lower the dead key just a little and it will give you more modulation.
you can put this variable in it or just put a cap and resister in the location provide with a 220uf cap and about a 75 ohm resister.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/cobra/mods_&_info/graphics/Cobra_Uniden_Var_Pwr.pdf

I Don't want a swing kit in it I just want to know what vr to adjust modulation that's all I need to know thanks.

I guess I'm I'll delete my membership shortly if I can't figure out what I need to know somebody can't tell me what VR to adjust in this radio to turn up the modulation this website is useless to me.

. Modulation
1. Set TX Channel 19.
2. AF GEN. Output 30mV.
1. Adjust
VR5
for 90% on the
modulation Meter
here is what the service manual shows for the 25 radio. not sure what the inside of your radio looks like. if you do not get any more modulation out of it this way it is a chance you have the power turned up too high. the more power you put out on these little radios the less modulation you will have..

I guess I'm I'll delete my membership shortly if I can't figure out what I need to know somebody can't tell me what VR to adjust in this radio to turn up the modulation this website is useless to me.
Sorry you feel that way. We would like to have about 100 tech's to stay on the forum 24/7 to answer every ones questions within 2 minutes but we are just a bunch of good guys that try to help other radio operators out between trying to make a living and dealing with life's little challenges.
Best of luck.
Jeff

And I catch hell if I spend too much time on here trying to help people ...

So I take break - come back to find someone threatening to leave the forum the first day they get here. 1 post then SIX hours (6 hours!?!?) later they're demanding service.

SIGH

Hmmm...well, I've been yelled at by Management too for similar effects when a customer walks into the store and you're in back having to use the restroom.

Where's all the rest of the help?

They say they were busy - yeah...right...

Andy. Sham on you for not being Hear when we need you Bo Bo . Yelled at I ant never . Thank you and Please . Not Used moth ant,y more.

Reactions: Handy Andy
He wasn't complaining about lack of prompt service. All he wanted to know was what pot to turn for his AMC, but he got "You'll just cause...." and "If you don't have a....." and "I don't know the answer to your question, but here's....." from "senior members." It's your approach that needs improvement. I've seen it plenty of times and experienced it myself. Your style of interaction doesn't encourage newcomers, it runs them off. It is the job of "elmers" to be friendly, helpful, and enthusiastic. Most of the time it sounds more like the third degree here. You could have said "VR5, but be sure to....." He wasn't impatient, he was frustrated with a forum that claims to be welcoming and helpful. I've read the mission statement of these forums yet the actions here don't reflect that. This is a hobby--pure and simple--and we do it for fun. Your attitude towards newcomers says a lot on whether you think others should be able to take up and enjoy it as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohio_HotRod
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.