• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC68 Elite

well FG told me on the phone that it was doing 53...but as soon as I put it on a locals meter I saw that was an out and out LIE...the damn thing would NOT put out more than 51-52 no matter how hard I yelled into it...Its an awesome radio...all the locals called my a liar and tried to rip the house apart looking for the amp when I had it going into my imax...

Keep in mind this is far from a 2 min tune job..if I'm not mistaken mine spent over an hr on teh bench having all the parts replaced and the alignment

I do understand that it's much more then a cap/resistor mod ,nice to know that one could or would get there moneys worth from whomever. I suppose these mod's could be very good for the trucker who can't have power in his or her truck or maybe a base station set up where the same rule could apply, IM impressed with these mod's for sure but like I said .I run power all the same and IM really not that hard up to squeeze every last little drop out of a back pocket radio like a 68 /25/ or 66 ...like I said before .1 or 2 swing'in 35 into a amplifer ain't bad .....I guess it's that ever lasting last drop of power that doesn't seem to do that much for me and I doubt that anyone could really tell anyway on the other end of my transmit. (-: and to AM Power ....53 on a bird 43P ....what's it do off the antenna of your choice ?

like i said .....Whats it do off the antenna ? 53 watts PEP !!! Now is that AAAAAAAAAUUUUDDDDDDIIIIIOOOOOOOOO or you whistle'in dixey ?

Same cost... ?

So how much does a tune like this cost ? (50 watt tune)

Every one mentioned it's considerably more work than just aligning it. Some one mentioned an hour on the bench ...

how much does justin charge for this type of work ? or is it just cheaper to get a KL linear hooked up ?

Just wonderin'......

K

you know what Ken .....I believe FG-Best in Cally does them for about 60.00 dollars and I would think around 1 hours work tops ,IM sure it's more like 20 minutes for someone who has done more then a few of them in there time ......and you brought up a very good idea there with the little KL's .....I never really heard about those little units until a year or so ago ....I was very impressed to say the least so I got a KL 60 just for grinny's .about the size of a pack of smokes ,I had gotten mine used for 20.00 bucks ....I couldn't believe my eye's !!!! about a 1.5 watt drive gave me 10 swing'in 60 and it did about 70 or so on SSB !!! ......and to answer your question depending on the curcumstaintes ? Yes ...it might be cheaper to get a little KL .....but even still ....the radio needs to be detuned one way or the other ......those KL's are pretty darn cool but they also will get hotter then a witches tit !! ......so a nice little PC fan on them would be a nice little added touch

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.